VIP Senders in the Mail app for iPhone and iPad help you keep track of all of your important email communications in one place. Adding an email address to the VIP senders list causes all messages sent from that address to be gathered in a separate folder by the system automatically. Aside from that, these communications are sent out with a different notification than your ordinary emails. Find out how to add or remove a VIP sender on an iPhone or iPad running iOS 6 or later at any time using this tutorial.
- What You Need to Know About Adding VIP Senders to Your Mail Account
- How to Remove VIP Senders in Mail
- Make an Existing Contact a VIP in Mail
Steps On How to Add VIP Senders to Your Mail Account
In order to add an email address from an email message to the VIP senders list, follow these instructions:
- Open a message from the sender to whom you wish to be added to their VIP list.
- In the From field, type the name of the sender.
- Select “Add to VIP” from the drop-down menu.
How to Remove VIP Senders in Mail
To remove a VIP sender from the VIP list, follow the steps outlined in this document:
- Select Mailboxes from the drop-down menu.
- Select (i) next to VIP.
- To deactivate the sender’s VIP status, swipe left on the sender’s name and press Delete on your keyboard.
Make an Existing Contact a VIP in Mail
If the contact’s email address is already in your contacts list, you can add him or her to the VIP list.
- To begin, open Mail and navigate to the Mailboxes panel in the left pane. If an email list shows, select Mailboxes from the drop-down menu at the top.
- If one or more VIP senders have been configured, choose VIP from the email folders list by touching it or clicking the I icon.
- Click on the Add VIP button.
- Conduct a search for and select a contact from the results.
- The newly added VIP contact is now visible in the list of contacts.