You will get to learn how to use a third-party email client, such as Windows Mail, to access your AOL Mail email messages in this article. The instructions cover how to sync AOL Mail with Windows 10 Mail and the Windows 8 Mail app.
- Accessing of an AOL Email Account via Windows 10 Mail
- Additional Information about Windows 10 Mail
- Access an AOL Email Account With Mail in Windows 8
Accessing of an AOL Email Account via Windows 10 Mail
To access AOL Mail on a Windows device, follow these steps:
- In the lower-left corner of Mail, click Settings (the gear icon).
- Navigate to Manage accounts.
- Click on Add account. The Select an Account dialog box appears.
- From the list of options, select Other account.
- Enter your AOL Mail email address in the first field and then your name and password for the account in the remaining fields.
- Click on Sign in.
- Click Done. You can now switch between your email accounts and access AOL Mail through Windows 10 Mail by using the menu button in the upper-left corner of Mail.
Additional Information about Windows 10 Mail
Mail is the default built-in email client in Windows 10 and Windows 8; in Windows Vista, it is referred to as Windows Mail. Mail enables you to manage multiple email accounts, including your AOL Mail account, in a centralized location.
Windows 10 Mail automatically supports POP and IMAP email accounts, making it simple to sync with AOL Mail.
To download email to Windows Mail, you may need to know AOL’s IMAP or POP server settings, as well as AOL’s SMTP server settings.
Access an AOL Email Account With Mail in Windows 8
The following instructions describe how to use AOL Mail in earlier versions of Windows:
- Launch the Mail application and press the WIN+C keyboard shortcut.
- From the menu that appears to the right of the screen, select Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Click Create a new account.
- From the list, select AOL.
- In the fields provided, enter your AOL email address and password.
- Click the Connect button to connect the AOL email account to the Mail application.