In 2013, Microsoft began migrating Hotmail users to Outlook.com. People still use Hotmail email accounts, but they do so through the Outlook.com website.
Add Free Hotmail Push Notifications to iPhone Mail
To add your Hotmail email to your iPhone’s Mail app, follow these steps:
- Select Settings > Accounts & Passwords from the menu bar.
- In the Accounts section, tap Add Account, and then tap the Outlook.com logo that appears on the resulting screen.
- In the field provided, type your complete Hotmail address (“[email protected]” for example) and tap Next.
- In the field provided, enter your Hotmail password and tap Sign In.
- On the following screen, Outlook.com requests permission to sync your mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks, as well as to sign you in and send email. Tap Yes if you agree.
- On the resulting screen, enable the features you wish to sync with the iPhone by clicking the button to the right of each item until it turns green, indicating that it is enabled. Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes are all included. Only Mail must be enabled in order to access your Hotmail account from the iPhone.
- At the top of the screen, click the left-facing arrow to return to the Accounts & Passwords screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Fetch New Data.
- Ensure that the switch next to Push is turned on at the top of the screen.
- In the resulting screen, click Outlook and then select Push.
Now, your Hotmail emails will be delivered directly to your iPhone, where they will be accessible from anywhere.